Become a volunteer – join the Parish of St Helier’s Community Services Team
Do you have spare time, a caring nature and a willingness to give your time to help parishioners in your community? If so, become a volunteer with the Parish of St Helier’s Community Services Team and make a difference to someone’s life.
- Make a difference and give back to your community
- Meet new people
- Gain new or use existing skills
- Get experience
What could you do to help your community?
- Provide companionship – having a cup of tea, playing a game of cards or helping an elderly parishioner with a jigsaw or puzzle
- Assist with driving parishioners to hospital appointments or other medical appointments
- Lend a listening ear and have a chat with someone who hasn’t spoken to anyone that week
- Help someone to set up a video call with their family
- Teach a small group a new skill that you enjoy
- Organise a drop-in coffee morning and help to signpost people to services
How can I get involved?