Alfresco LicencesPèrmîns des Choses Publyiques
Applying for an Alfresco Licence
The application process includes the following:
- Download the Alfresco Application Form and print and complete it, or collect one from the Town Hall
- Submit a location plan, preferably at 1:200 scale with dimensions showing:
- a. The property, building lines, kerb line and points of access
- b. Proposed area, with key dimensions
- c. Layout of alfresco with own furniture and details of barriers to be used to delineate the area
- d. Identify nearby street furniture
- Submit photographs showing the shop front, the area of the proposed alfresco and the proposed furniture you are looking to use in the area
- Complete a consultation (see below)
- Pay the £60 non-refundable processing fee
If successful, a rental fee will be charged for the permit, which will be determined by the size of the alfresco area. All permits will expire on 31 December every year and you will be contacted by the Parish to renew your permit.
It is a requirement that you provide evidence that you have consulted with any premises within a 50m radius of the application site, including those above your premises, and including landlord consent. The Parish will require signed copies of the consultation letters, which must state addresses. The consultation letter must include a plan of the proposed alfresco area to ensure your neighbours have a clear understanding of your request.
If you have any questions regarding your application or wish to make a renewal, please get in touch at [email protected].